LA shelter hopes cats' iPad art draws in donations
LOS ANGELES - April 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Los Angeles animal shelter that lets its cats chase toys on top of iPads hope the digital art created by the movement will encourage donations of money and tablet computers.
An Animal Planet crew visited the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Los Angeles for the April 14 episode of "Must Love Cats," where they documented how four cats used an app called Paint for Cats.
The results were so compelling that the shelter turned them into notecards. The cards with drawings named "Study in Feather Toys" and "Movement in Catnip" are being sold online for $5.99 a pack.
Shelter president Madeline Bernstein says the cats had so much fun, they put used iPads on their wish list so other cats can paint, too.
california, los angeles, animals, bizarre bazaar
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges 9 min ago
- Shower In Spots 1 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape...
9 min ago
- Shower In Spots
1 min ago