Taking Earth Day very seriously
MUNCIE, Ind. (AP) - April 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Fight! Over Earth Day!
Police in Muncie, Indiana, report having to step between two women in a dust-up over littering.
The officers tell the Star Press they saw a 44-year-old woman punching a 23-year-old in the face.
It seems the older woman took offense when the younger woman tossed a piece of paper on the ground.
It was Earth Day.
Police say the women refused orders to separate.
Both are charged with disorderly conduct.
The older woman also faces preliminary charges of battery and resisting arrest.
indiana, recycling, bizarre bazaar
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run