Candidate gets snakebit, really
SEARCY, Ark. (AP) - April 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- It's a snakebit campaign for an Arkansas candidate.
Bill Haynie noticed that one of his campaign signs had fallen over.
So, he stopped his car to fix it.
But when Haynie reached down, he was bitten by a snake Sunday.
He's now out of a hospital, but Haynie tells The Daily Citizen he still has some pain and swelling.
He doesn't know what kind of snake bite him.
Haynie is running for county judge in White County.
It's an executive position, like a mayor.
He's challenging incumbent Michael Lincoln in the May 22 Republican primary.
arkansas, election, wildlife preservation, bizarre bazaar
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list