Candidate gets snakebit, really
SEARCY, Ark. (AP) - April 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- It's a snakebit campaign for an Arkansas candidate.
Bill Haynie noticed that one of his campaign signs had fallen over.
So, he stopped his car to fix it.
But when Haynie reached down, he was bitten by a snake Sunday.
He's now out of a hospital, but Haynie tells The Daily Citizen he still has some pain and swelling.
He doesn't know what kind of snake bite him.
Haynie is running for county judge in White County.
It's an executive position, like a mayor.
He's challenging incumbent Michael Lincoln in the May 22 Republican primary.
arkansas, election, wildlife preservation, bizarre bazaar
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases