Man accused of using gun to force 'moonwalk'
SANDPOINT, Idaho (AP) - April 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- An Idaho man has been charged with assault after authorities say he ordered another man to perform the "moonwalk" at gunpoint.
The Coeur d'Alene Press reports 30-year-old John Ernest Cross was charged with the felony Tuesday in 1st District Court and appointed a public defender.
Police say they were called to Cross' Clark Fork home on Monday after getting a report that he pointed a rifle at another man and demanded that the man perform the dance move popularized by Michael Jackson in the 1980s.
Investigators accuse Cross of using a semiautomatic rifle during the episode, but Cross claimed during his initial court appearance this week that the firearm was simply a pellet gun.
idaho, dumb criminals, guns, bizarre bazaar
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student death 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Hunt for missing Malaysian jet widens 32 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- Pa. Turnpike pileup focus of senate hearing 27 min ago
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures