Invite mix-up leads Swede to minister's dinner
STOCKHOLM (AP) - April 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Sweden's environment minister thought she had asked the country's former agriculture minister to attend a glam dinner. But the invitation went to the "wrong" Margareta Winberg - an ordinary Swede who jumped at the chance to mingle, even participating in the group photo.
Winberg, a 67-year old retiree from Sundbyberg outside Stockholm, told Swedish daily Dagens Nyheter that although she doesn't know much about the environment, she didn't hesitate in taking up Lena Ek on the offer last week.
She told the paper that she wore black trousers and a blouse "with some things on," and that she met interesting people, "like that guy Blix," a reference to former chief U.N. weapons inspector Hans Blix.
Ek's spokesman said the minister found the situation "extremely funny."
sweden, bizarre bazaar
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler! 29 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 19 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and Cooler!
29 min ago