Unusual site on the boardwalk
OCEAN CITY, N.J. (AP) - April 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Looking for a cellphone is no reason to drive your car down the boardwalk.
Authorities in Ocean City, New Jersey, say a drunk Pennsylvania man figured the headlights could help find the phone.
Police charge 21-year-old Christian Winzcuk lost control of his car and crashed onto the beach.
In the process, authorities say he took out about 25 feet of railing and boardwalk decking.
Winzcuk and a passenger were treated for minor injuries.
Both are charged with hindering apprehension.
Winzcuk is also charged with drunken driving.
new jersey, ocean city, alcohol, automobiles, cell phones, DUI, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week 45 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery 48 min ago
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire 51 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 50 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing 29 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 27 min ago
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom...
27 min ago
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
48 min ago