Unusual site on the boardwalk
OCEAN CITY, N.J. (AP) - April 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Looking for a cellphone is no reason to drive your car down the boardwalk.
Authorities in Ocean City, New Jersey, say a drunk Pennsylvania man figured the headlights could help find the phone.
Police charge 21-year-old Christian Winzcuk lost control of his car and crashed onto the beach.
In the process, authorities say he took out about 25 feet of railing and boardwalk decking.
Winzcuk and a passenger were treated for minor injuries.
Both are charged with hindering apprehension.
Winzcuk is also charged with drunken driving.
new jersey, ocean city, alcohol, automobiles, cell phones, DUI, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill 52 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar