Unusual site on the boardwalk
OCEAN CITY, N.J. (AP) - April 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Looking for a cellphone is no reason to drive your car down the boardwalk.
Authorities in Ocean City, New Jersey, say a drunk Pennsylvania man figured the headlights could help find the phone.
Police charge 21-year-old Christian Winzcuk lost control of his car and crashed onto the beach.
In the process, authorities say he took out about 25 feet of railing and boardwalk decking.
Winzcuk and a passenger were treated for minor injuries.
Both are charged with hindering apprehension.
Winzcuk is also charged with drunken driving.
new jersey, ocean city, alcohol, automobiles, cell phones, DUI, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Spotty, but drenching showers this afternoon, a t'storm also possible 35 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online 38 min ago
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Baby, man injured in SEPTA bus accident
- Bus co. mistake cancels kids' DC field trip
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Student and teacher shocked at Voorhees school
- 2 arrested for stealing tractor in Franklin Township 48 min ago
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
- SEPTA announces fare hikes 13 min ago
- Man gets life in prison for murder of Pa. musician
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment