Unusual site on the boardwalk
OCEAN CITY, N.J. (AP) - April 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Looking for a cellphone is no reason to drive your car down the boardwalk.
Authorities in Ocean City, New Jersey, say a drunk Pennsylvania man figured the headlights could help find the phone.
Police charge 21-year-old Christian Winzcuk lost control of his car and crashed onto the beach.
In the process, authorities say he took out about 25 feet of railing and boardwalk decking.
Winzcuk and a passenger were treated for minor injuries.
Both are charged with hindering apprehension.
Winzcuk is also charged with drunken driving.
new jersey, ocean city, alcohol, automobiles, cell phones, DUI, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 58 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 4 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
58 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
4 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos