Unusual site on the boardwalk
OCEAN CITY, N.J. (AP) - April 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Looking for a cellphone is no reason to drive your car down the boardwalk.
Authorities in Ocean City, New Jersey, say a drunk Pennsylvania man figured the headlights could help find the phone.
Police charge 21-year-old Christian Winzcuk lost control of his car and crashed onto the beach.
In the process, authorities say he took out about 25 feet of railing and boardwalk decking.
Winzcuk and a passenger were treated for minor injuries.
Both are charged with hindering apprehension.
Winzcuk is also charged with drunken driving.
new jersey, ocean city, alcohol, automobiles, cell phones, DUI, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash 16 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 13 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident 55 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ