NJ tenants sued over haunted house claim
TOMS RIVER, N.J. (AP) - April 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- A New Jersey landlord has filed a lawsuit against a couple who claim their rented house was haunted.
Landlord Richard Lopez is seeking damages in state court from Michelle Callan and her fiancé. Lopez says their claim will scare away potential new tenants or buyers of the house in Toms River.
The Asbury Park Press reports the couple fled the house in March. The couple says they found clothes mysteriously ejected from closets and heard all kinds of strange noises, including the sound of something being dragged through the basement.
The couple and the landlord also are in litigation over the security deposit.
Lopez has said the couple bolted because they apparently couldn't afford the rent. The couple denies that.
new jersey, toms river, bizarre bazaar
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect 12 min ago
- A Nice Stretch 4 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot...
12 min ago