NJ tenants sued over haunted house claim
TOMS RIVER, N.J. (AP) - April 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- A New Jersey landlord has filed a lawsuit against a couple who claim their rented house was haunted.
Landlord Richard Lopez is seeking damages in state court from Michelle Callan and her fiancé. Lopez says their claim will scare away potential new tenants or buyers of the house in Toms River.
The Asbury Park Press reports the couple fled the house in March. The couple says they found clothes mysteriously ejected from closets and heard all kinds of strange noises, including the sound of something being dragged through the basement.
The couple and the landlord also are in litigation over the security deposit.
Lopez has said the couple bolted because they apparently couldn't afford the rent. The couple denies that.
new jersey, toms river, bizarre bazaar
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News 8 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash 13 min ago
- Mattress catches fire in townhouse in Whitemarsh 27 min ago
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings 16 min ago
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft 20 min ago
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash 27 min ago
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy....
13 min ago