Vt. House in resolution: Thanks for the M&Ms
MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) - April 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Vermont House has passed a resolution thanking one of its members for the peanut M&Ms.
Rep. Ken Atkins, a Winooski Democrat, has carried on a tradition since 1999 in which every time there's a pause in legislative action for a House roll call, he dumps a bunch of M&Ms into a glass jar on his desk and other House members gather around for a snack.
The retired teacher says he likes a snack during House action, and he used to tell his students not to bring a snack to class without enough to share.
Atkins says he tried putting out plain M&Ms with the peanut ones once, but no one took the plain ones.
vermont, bizarre bazaar
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed