Prom dress made of Starburst wrappers
ISHPEMING, Mich. (AP) - May 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- A northern Michigan teen put together one sweet prom dress, thanks to the help of classmates who collected thousands of Starburst wrappers for her.
Diane McNease tells a local television station that she came up with the idea of making her prom dress out of candy wrappers when she saw a friend folding some. She estimates it took about 18,000 Starburst wrappers to make the corset of her dress, as well as matching hair bands and a purse.
The Ishpeming High School student wore the dress to Saturday's prom in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.
The top half of the dress is made out of folded wrappers and the bottom looks more like a traditional gown. It took about five months to make, with help from family and friends.
michigan, school, bizarre bazaar
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 38 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 16 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 51 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop 43 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
38 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos