Photo before prom leaves students drenched
MILWAUKEE (AP) - May 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- A group of Wisconsin high school students just wanted to take a nice lakeside photograph before the prom. Instead, they ended up exerting a little too much "pier pressure."
Wearing tuxedos and prom dresses, the 18 students began lining up on a pier Saturday when a section gave way. About half dropped into the waist-deep water of a large lake.
Seventeen-year-old Josh Orne says the girls started screaming because their expensive dresses were soaked. Once it was clear everyone was safe, the guys thought it was pretty funny.
The teens sloshed toward one student's home, where they all broke out the towels, hair dryers and clothes dryers. Everyone made the big event. And Orne says the incident is sure to be a memory they'll all enjoy at their 50th reunion.
wisconsin, school, bizarre bazaar
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles 43 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- Video: Swan attacks elderly woman in Berks Co.
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade