French mystery: Hair dryers mailed to New Zealand
WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) - May 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A mysterious benefactor in Paris is spreading love, cash and hair appliances along a rugged stretch of New Zealand.
Police are baffled by at least four packages that have been sent from different Paris addresses to residents of the South Island's sparsely populated West Coast. They contain either a hair dryer or hair clippers plus a sum of money - either one hundred New Zealand dollars ($78) or one hundred euros ($128).
Two of the packages came with identical handwritten notes: "Thanks for being a true friend."
The packages have been received over the last two weeks.
"We are hoping it's a random gesture of goodwill," says police Senior Sgt. Allyson Ealam. "We have no cause to think there is any criminal connection."
new zealand, bizarre bazaar
- Robber slashed with knife; suspect's mom talks 55 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler 29 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 13 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash
- Mattress catches fire in townhouse in Whitemarsh
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash
- Robber slashed with knife; suspect's mom...
55 min ago