French mystery: Hair dryers mailed to New Zealand
WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) - May 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A mysterious benefactor in Paris is spreading love, cash and hair appliances along a rugged stretch of New Zealand.
Police are baffled by at least four packages that have been sent from different Paris addresses to residents of the South Island's sparsely populated West Coast. They contain either a hair dryer or hair clippers plus a sum of money - either one hundred New Zealand dollars ($78) or one hundred euros ($128).
Two of the packages came with identical handwritten notes: "Thanks for being a true friend."
The packages have been received over the last two weeks.
"We are hoping it's a random gesture of goodwill," says police Senior Sgt. Allyson Ealam. "We have no cause to think there is any criminal connection."
new zealand, bizarre bazaar
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 59 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 49 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford 43 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
59 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
49 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos