French mystery: Hair dryers mailed to New Zealand
WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) - May 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A mysterious benefactor in Paris is spreading love, cash and hair appliances along a rugged stretch of New Zealand.
Police are baffled by at least four packages that have been sent from different Paris addresses to residents of the South Island's sparsely populated West Coast. They contain either a hair dryer or hair clippers plus a sum of money - either one hundred New Zealand dollars ($78) or one hundred euros ($128).
Two of the packages came with identical handwritten notes: "Thanks for being a true friend."
The packages have been received over the last two weeks.
"We are hoping it's a random gesture of goodwill," says police Senior Sgt. Allyson Ealam. "We have no cause to think there is any criminal connection."
new zealand, bizarre bazaar
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park 10 min ago
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Phillies rally for 3-2 over Reds
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos