The world's first "Wikipedia town"
LONDON (AP) - May 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- No, it's not Wikipedia-ville.
But it could be.
A small Welsh village hopes to make history as the the world's first "Wikipedia town."
Bar codes are posted all over Monmouth in the U.K..
Starting tomorrow, visitors will be able use their smartphones to scan the codes, bringing up a Wikipedia page about the landmark.
There are about a-thousand bar codes posted around town, on everything from schools to pubs.
Town officials have even set up a free WiFi network to help visitors stay connected.
england, europe, london, wikipedia, bizarre bazaar
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine 49 min ago
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident 17 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape