Man with zebra, parrot in truck gets DUI
DUBUQUE, Iowa (AP) - May 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- An Iowa man stopped outside a Dubuque bar with a small zebra and a parrot in his truck has been charged with drunken driving.
A local television station reports that officers arrested 56-year-old Jerald Reiter of Cascade on Sunday in the parking lot of the Dog House bar, where people had been taking photos of the animals.
Reiter says the zebra and macaw parrot are pets and like riding in the truck. Reiter claims he sometimes takes the animals into the bar, but the owner says they're not allowed inside.
Officers gave Reiter a field sobriety test and charged him with drunken driving. Reiter disputes the arrest. He says he was about to let a passenger, a person, begin driving.
He says he thinks someone who came to see the animals called police.
iowa, animals, alcohol, DUI, dumb criminals, wildlife preservation, bizarre bazaar
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students 33 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 33 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 40 min ago
- Person injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 8 min ago
- Police in standoff at home in Uwchlan Twp. 15 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Accused Craigslist robber charged with murdering accomplice
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
33 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos