Theft suspect records himself taunting police
LA CROSSE, Wis. (AP) - May 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- A suspect in a Wisconsin theft is in jail after he filmed himself revealing his name, showing his face and admitting he stole the video camera he was using at that moment.
In the 79-second video, the suspect says, "This is my house, yes, and a stolen camera that I stole. But it's OK, the cop won't figure it out."
Later he adds, "Oh yeah, to introduce you, my name is Houaka Yang."
The 20-year-old is scheduled to make an initial appearance Wednesday on three misdemeanor charges, including two theft charges. Online court records didn't immediately list a defense attorney.
The camera belonged to Chris Rochester. He says police initially tracked down Yang from surveillance tape of people breaking into his boss' car.
wisconsin, dumb criminals, theft, bizarre bazaar
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road 17 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th 7 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft 1 min ago
- Reward offered after dogs found in trash bags
- Charges filed in alleged chop shop raid in N. Phila. 1 min ago
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road
17 min ago
- Police question suspect in Christmas...
1 min ago