Theft suspect records himself taunting police
LA CROSSE, Wis. (AP) - May 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- A suspect in a Wisconsin theft is in jail after he filmed himself revealing his name, showing his face and admitting he stole the video camera he was using at that moment.
In the 79-second video, the suspect says, "This is my house, yes, and a stolen camera that I stole. But it's OK, the cop won't figure it out."
Later he adds, "Oh yeah, to introduce you, my name is Houaka Yang."
The 20-year-old is scheduled to make an initial appearance Wednesday on three misdemeanor charges, including two theft charges. Online court records didn't immediately list a defense attorney.
The camera belonged to Chris Rochester. He says police initially tracked down Yang from surveillance tape of people breaking into his boss' car.
wisconsin, dumb criminals, theft, bizarre bazaar
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- Neighbors help residents escape Trenton fire 35 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons 50 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ