Non-smoking cigarettes banned from Pa. courthouse
GREENSBURG, Pa. (AP) - May 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Some non-smokers will have to join smokers outside one western Pennsylvania county courthouse - if they want to huff and puff on electronic cigarettes that emit water vapor.
The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports Friday that the Westmoreland County Commissioners voted to add electronic cigarettes to the courthouse's smoking ban. The ban will also include other smokeless devices that mimic cigarettes and other tobacco products that are smoked.
The commissioners moved to ban the devices after court officials complained about people using the artificial cigarettes in courtrooms.
The policy prohibits smoking in the courthouse and limits it to certain areas outside.
The courthouse is in Greensburg, about 30 miles east of Pittsburgh.
pennsylvania, smoking, bizarre bazaar
- Up to $50K stolen in Target armed robbery 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 47 min ago
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Woman's body found in Berks County ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!