Bad weather stirs up business
NEW SMYRNA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - May 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- It happens every time tropical weather stirs up the surf in Florida.
While some people were trying to hunker down, business was booming at the Red Dog Surf Shop in New Smyrna Beach.
Customers rushed in to buy boards and wax to ride Beryl's high waves.
Officials have been warning about rip currents, waves and high tides - but some adventurous surfers just can't resist.
florida, bizarre bazaar
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 10 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy 38 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos