Angry customer hits Taco Bell with truck
HUBER HEIGHTS, Ohio (AP) - May 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in southwest Ohio say a customer angry over not getting a taco he ordered struck a Taco Bell restaurant's glass entrance with his truck. No one was injured.
Huber Heights police say 23-year-old Michael S. Smith ordered at a drive-up window in the Dayton suburb on Tuesday and later realized he was missing the taco. Officer Brandon Sucher says Smith returned to the restaurant and had angry words with employees before striking the building.
Police tracked the truck's fluid trail to Smith's house a few miles away and arrested him on a vandalism charge.
Sucher says Smith told police he hit the building accidentally after driving off fast and losing control of the truck.
There was no telephone listing for Smith, and he could not immediately be reached for comment.
ohio, automobiles, fast food, bizarre bazaar
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases