Cell phone was a real life-saver
ALBANY, Ga. (AP) - June 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A cellphone can be a real life-saver -- and not just for making calls.
A Georgia police officer's cellphone stopped a bullet.
Authorities in Albany say Officer Willie Hall was responding to a hostage situation early the other morning.
He was shot at during the standoff.
But a local television station reports that the officer's cellphone blocked the bullet just enough to prevent a serious injury.
Hall was taken to a hospital for treatment.
The hostages were released, but police are still looking for the suspects.
georgia, cell phones, guns, police, bizarre bazaar
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Temps soar above normal 25 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Burglary suspect nabbed by quick-thinking neighbor
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Temps soar above normal
25 min ago