Cell phone was a real life-saver
ALBANY, Ga. (AP) - June 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A cellphone can be a real life-saver -- and not just for making calls.
A Georgia police officer's cellphone stopped a bullet.
Authorities in Albany say Officer Willie Hall was responding to a hostage situation early the other morning.
He was shot at during the standoff.
But a local television station reports that the officer's cellphone blocked the bullet just enough to prevent a serious injury.
Hall was taken to a hospital for treatment.
The hostages were released, but police are still looking for the suspects.
georgia, cell phones, guns, police, bizarre bazaar
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 10 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote 45 min ago
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 10 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
10 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
10 min ago