Cell phone was a real life-saver
ALBANY, Ga. (AP) - June 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A cellphone can be a real life-saver -- and not just for making calls.
A Georgia police officer's cellphone stopped a bullet.
Authorities in Albany say Officer Willie Hall was responding to a hostage situation early the other morning.
He was shot at during the standoff.
But a local television station reports that the officer's cellphone blocked the bullet just enough to prevent a serious injury.
Hall was taken to a hospital for treatment.
The hostages were released, but police are still looking for the suspects.
georgia, cell phones, guns, police, bizarre bazaar
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Crews battle house fire in Elsmere
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- Photos: Snowy owl spotted in Strathmere
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- Woman fired after tweet on AIDS in Africa... 17 min ago
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Space suit issue prompts delay of second spacewalk 1 min ago