Cell phone was a real life-saver
ALBANY, Ga. (AP) - June 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A cellphone can be a real life-saver -- and not just for making calls.
A Georgia police officer's cellphone stopped a bullet.
Authorities in Albany say Officer Willie Hall was responding to a hostage situation early the other morning.
He was shot at during the standoff.
But a local television station reports that the officer's cellphone blocked the bullet just enough to prevent a serious injury.
Hall was taken to a hospital for treatment.
The hostages were released, but police are still looking for the suspects.
georgia, cell phones, guns, police, bizarre bazaar
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight 54 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ