Cell phone was a real life-saver
ALBANY, Ga. (AP) - June 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A cellphone can be a real life-saver -- and not just for making calls.
A Georgia police officer's cellphone stopped a bullet.
Authorities in Albany say Officer Willie Hall was responding to a hostage situation early the other morning.
He was shot at during the standoff.
But a local television station reports that the officer's cellphone blocked the bullet just enough to prevent a serious injury.
Hall was taken to a hospital for treatment.
The hostages were released, but police are still looking for the suspects.
georgia, cell phones, guns, police, bizarre bazaar
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding 43 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1