Microphone causes airport scare
LOS ANGELES (AP) - June 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Hello -- testing -- one, two, three.
Is this thing on?
A microphone caused a scare at LAX yesterday.
Authorities report a suspicious bag triggered a partial evacuation of a terminal at Los Angeles International Airport.
It turns out it was just a mic in a case.
The bomb squad moved the item to a safe area, so flights could resume.
Airport officials say the owner of the luggage was initially detained, but was later released to continue traveling.
california, los angeles, air travel, airline security, bizarre bazaar
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis 2 min ago
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea 31 min ago
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 53 min ago
- Jordan Brown murder case goes to Pa. high court
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm