Cracking down on police speeders
MIAMI (AP) - June 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Miami's police chief is cracking down on speeders -- in his own department.
Chief Manuel Orosa is taking action against 36 officers for off-duty speeding.
The South Florida Sun Sentinel reports Orosa says he'll be firing at least one officer.
Police also plan to equip 40 of their vehicles with GPS tracking devices -- to get the lead-footed cops to slow down.
florida, police, bizarre bazaar
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 11 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet 38 min ago
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
11 min ago