Cracking down on police speeders
MIAMI (AP) - June 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Miami's police chief is cracking down on speeders -- in his own department.
Chief Manuel Orosa is taking action against 36 officers for off-duty speeding.
The South Florida Sun Sentinel reports Orosa says he'll be firing at least one officer.
Police also plan to equip 40 of their vehicles with GPS tracking devices -- to get the lead-footed cops to slow down.
florida, police, bizarre bazaar
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
- Delco 2nd grade teacher charged with assault 4 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 29 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 40 min ago
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 37 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 36 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 53 min ago
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 27 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush...
53 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
29 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with...
40 min ago