Transit workers save bunny toy on tracks
BOSTON (AP) - June 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman is praising Boston transit workers for rescuing her 3-year-old daughter's stuffed animal from the train tracks.
According to Casey Carey-Brown's blog, "Life with Roozle", Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority workers acted quickly to save her daughter's stuffed bunny from being run over Wednesday.
Carey-Brown writes that the stuffed animal "jumped" from her daughter's stroller as they exited the train at the Green Street stop in Jamaica Plain, and fell onto the tracks.
She says an MBTA worker called the oncoming train, halting it, so he could safely rescue the toy.
In her blog, the mother thanks the workers who aided in the rescue effort, saying "you really didn't have to do what you did today, but you have made a little 3-year-old incredibly happy."
boston, massachusetts, bizarre bazaar
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight 22 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Woman hospitalized in West Oak Lane fire 20 min ago
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing 33 min ago
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
22 min ago