Transit workers save bunny toy on tracks
BOSTON (AP) - June 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman is praising Boston transit workers for rescuing her 3-year-old daughter's stuffed animal from the train tracks.
According to Casey Carey-Brown's blog, "Life with Roozle", Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority workers acted quickly to save her daughter's stuffed bunny from being run over Wednesday.
Carey-Brown writes that the stuffed animal "jumped" from her daughter's stroller as they exited the train at the Green Street stop in Jamaica Plain, and fell onto the tracks.
She says an MBTA worker called the oncoming train, halting it, so he could safely rescue the toy.
In her blog, the mother thanks the workers who aided in the rescue effort, saying "you really didn't have to do what you did today, but you have made a little 3-year-old incredibly happy."
boston, massachusetts, bizarre bazaar
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding 16 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 36 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1 57 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
36 min ago