Thief steals US flag from man in chicken suit
MANCHESTER, Conn. (AP) - June 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Manchester, Conn., police are investigating the theft of an American flag from a man in a chicken suit.
The Hartford Courant reports that Eric Didio was waving the flag and dancing outside a newly renovated Boston Market restaurant Wednesday as part of his job, when a man jumped from a car, grabbed the flag and took off.
A customer who witnessed the theft called police.
The newspaper reports that the dispatcher had a hard time relaying the call to officers, breaking into laughter while trying to say "chicken suit."
Nathan Atwood, the restaurant's general manager, says he stood beside the 23-year-old Didio for the rest of his shift to provide security.
No arrests have been made.
connecticut, bizarre bazaar
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest 57 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 23 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 14 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 48 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 4 min ago
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Warminster
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Frost Advisory Overnight
23 min ago
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
57 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
48 min ago