Thief steals US flag from man in chicken suit
MANCHESTER, Conn. (AP) - June 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Manchester, Conn., police are investigating the theft of an American flag from a man in a chicken suit.
The Hartford Courant reports that Eric Didio was waving the flag and dancing outside a newly renovated Boston Market restaurant Wednesday as part of his job, when a man jumped from a car, grabbed the flag and took off.
A customer who witnessed the theft called police.
The newspaper reports that the dispatcher had a hard time relaying the call to officers, breaking into laughter while trying to say "chicken suit."
Nathan Atwood, the restaurant's general manager, says he stood beside the 23-year-old Didio for the rest of his shift to provide security.
No arrests have been made.
connecticut, bizarre bazaar
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Soupy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- Police: Driver under influence crashes into fire dept.
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Bucks County bear now spotted in Bristol Twp.
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr