Thief steals US flag from man in chicken suit
MANCHESTER, Conn. (AP) - June 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Manchester, Conn., police are investigating the theft of an American flag from a man in a chicken suit.
The Hartford Courant reports that Eric Didio was waving the flag and dancing outside a newly renovated Boston Market restaurant Wednesday as part of his job, when a man jumped from a car, grabbed the flag and took off.
A customer who witnessed the theft called police.
The newspaper reports that the dispatcher had a hard time relaying the call to officers, breaking into laughter while trying to say "chicken suit."
Nathan Atwood, the restaurant's general manager, says he stood beside the 23-year-old Didio for the rest of his shift to provide security.
No arrests have been made.
connecticut, bizarre bazaar
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man 32 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 36 min ago
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova...
36 min ago