Groom and best man pulled over in golf cart
CANONSBURG, Pa. (AP) - June 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say they've pulled over a groom and his best man as they drove in a stolen golf cart from a western Pennsylvania country club wedding reception to a hotel.
Peters Township police Chief Harry Fruecht tells the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review newspaper that Rolling Hills Country Club opted not to press charges for the pre-honeymoon hijinks on Saturday.
The men were pulled over when an officer saw them driving a cart without headlights in the curb lane of a busy road just before midnight.
The police chief says the men wanted to arrive at the hotel in the golf cart to surprise the other wedding guests, who took a shuttle.
Instead, both men will have memories of being cited for disorderly conduct. The groom also got a ticket for public drunkenness.
pennsylvania, weddings, bizarre bazaar
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Steamy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say 38 min ago
- Man critically wounded by gunfire in Wilmington 23 min ago
- Police: 2 caught red-handed in Radnor burlgary
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del.
- Couple charged in theft of $854K from township
- Prosecutor: Prison can't hold Savage's rage
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished