Man uses slingshot to fire marbles at speed camera
ELLICOTT CITY, Md. (AP) - June 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Maryland say a man has been charged with assault for using a slingshot to fire glass marbles at a speed camera van.
Authorities say Bruce Lawrence May of Ellicott City was arrested Tuesday. The 50-year-old Lawrence was also charged with destruction of property and reckless endangerment. He was released on $3,000 bond.
Howard County police say that at about 5 p.m. Tuesday, the van was near Manor Woods Elementary School when the operator heard something hit the side of the vehicle. The operator saw a minivan pass and saw the driver with a slingshot fire another projectile at the speed camera van.
Police say that May had received two speed camera violations recently.
maryland, automobiles, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports 12 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run 16 min ago
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Grandmother sentenced in Pa. baby's 2009 death
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Photos: East Passyunk Avenue Tree Lighting Party
- Region prepares for wintry weather
18 min ago
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
16 min ago