Police searching for two trash bags
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) - July 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- It's a trashy thing to do.
Police in Albuquerque, New Mexico, report they'e searching for two women who tried to rob a Dunkin Donuts while wearing trash bags.
A local television station reports the would-be bandits walked into the doughnut shop near the University of New Mexico.
But store owner Greg Beliveau says the cashier recognized the two women.
They had come in moments earlier to buy doughnuts and to borrow the cashier's phone to call a cab.
Police say the women escaped in a cab after being chased out of the shop by the cashier.
new mexico, dumb criminals, robbery, dunkin donuts, bizarre bazaar
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ