Police searching for two trash bags
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) - July 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- It's a trashy thing to do.
Police in Albuquerque, New Mexico, report they'e searching for two women who tried to rob a Dunkin Donuts while wearing trash bags.
A local television station reports the would-be bandits walked into the doughnut shop near the University of New Mexico.
But store owner Greg Beliveau says the cashier recognized the two women.
They had come in moments earlier to buy doughnuts and to borrow the cashier's phone to call a cab.
Police say the women escaped in a cab after being chased out of the shop by the cashier.
new mexico, dumb criminals, robbery, dunkin donuts, bizarre bazaar
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors 14 min ago
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila. 16 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million 37 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Stolen Xmas decorations returned in Berks Co. 48 min ago
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering