Man hits $180K jackpot 1 day after son wins $1K
CRANSTON, R.I. (AP) - July 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Perhaps there's luck in their genes.
A man from East Providence has claimed more than $180,000 in lottery winnings, a day after his son won $1,000 in a different game.
Rhode Island Lottery officials say the man on Monday claimed the $180,599 jackpot from the Wild Money game's Saturday night drawing. He was accompanied to lottery headquarters in Cranston by his wife and son, who had just won $1,000 of his own on an instant ticket on Friday.
Lottery officials didn't release the winner's name.
The winner says he wants to take his wife of 35 years on a vacation, but he's not sure how else he'll spend the money.
He bought the ticket at an East Providence convenience store.
rhode island, lottery, money, bizarre bazaar
- Photos: Suspects in $14-million marijuana bust 39 min ago
- Spotty, but drenching showers this afternoon, a t'storm also possible 9 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa. 23 min ago
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment 20 min ago
- Driver injured in crash involving Delaware fire chief
- NJ man accused of defrauding FEMA
- Cicadas arriving in NJ in time for holiday weekend
- Jose Canseco accused of sexual assault in Vegas
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup