Man hits $180K jackpot 1 day after son wins $1K
CRANSTON, R.I. (AP) - July 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Perhaps there's luck in their genes.
A man from East Providence has claimed more than $180,000 in lottery winnings, a day after his son won $1,000 in a different game.
Rhode Island Lottery officials say the man on Monday claimed the $180,599 jackpot from the Wild Money game's Saturday night drawing. He was accompanied to lottery headquarters in Cranston by his wife and son, who had just won $1,000 of his own on an instant ticket on Friday.
Lottery officials didn't release the winner's name.
The winner says he wants to take his wife of 35 years on a vacation, but he's not sure how else he'll spend the money.
He bought the ticket at an East Providence convenience store.
rhode island, lottery, money, bizarre bazaar
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 18 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
18 min ago