Man hits $180K jackpot 1 day after son wins $1K
CRANSTON, R.I. (AP) - July 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Perhaps there's luck in their genes.
A man from East Providence has claimed more than $180,000 in lottery winnings, a day after his son won $1,000 in a different game.
Rhode Island Lottery officials say the man on Monday claimed the $180,599 jackpot from the Wild Money game's Saturday night drawing. He was accompanied to lottery headquarters in Cranston by his wife and son, who had just won $1,000 of his own on an instant ticket on Friday.
Lottery officials didn't release the winner's name.
The winner says he wants to take his wife of 35 years on a vacation, but he's not sure how else he'll spend the money.
He bought the ticket at an East Providence convenience store.
rhode island, lottery, money, bizarre bazaar
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos