Ice cream used as excuse in crash
VAN BUREN, Ark. (AP) - July 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman accused of leaving the scene of a minor traffic crash in western Arkansas told police she did it because she didn't want her ice cream to melt.
Van Buren police say one vehicle rear-ended another on Arkansas Highway 59 on Sunday evening, but that the driver of the second car didn't stop to check on the vehicle she had hit. The other driver called police and set off in pursuit.
A Fort Smith television station reported that Flora Burkhart told police she didn't think there was enough damage to merit stopping - and that she didn't want her ice cream to melt.
Burkhart was cited for following too closely and leaving the scene of an accident.
arkansas, hit and run, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking, abduction
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief 41 min ago