Santas shake it up at annual summer meet
COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) - July 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- If Santa looks thinner than usual come Christmas, it may have something to do with Zumba, the Latin-inspired dance fitness craze.
A Zumba exercise class with hula hoops was a novelty at this year's World Santa Congress, which brings St. Nicks from around the globe to an amusement park in Copenhagen this week.
"It was a sweaty experience and it didn't help having an extra 10 pounds of clothing on but now I'm hooked. I think I will be doing some more Zumba in my spare-time," chuckled Douglas Gowin, a 57-year-old Santa from Washington, D.C.
Now in its 55th consecutive year, the four-day World Santa Congress has more workouts on the schedule, including an obstacle course in which Santas must go down a chimney and climb an ice mountain.
europe, holidays, christmas, bizarre bazaar
- 10-year-old Wilmington boy reported missing
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- United Airlines outage delays some travelers at PHL 57 min ago
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Collapse committee to hold first meeting today
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown church
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp.
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE
- James, Heat push NBA Finals to Game 7