Vote for Thomas Jefferson
TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) - July 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Thomas Jefferson is running for Congress in Kansas.
Of course, it's not the Thomas Jefferson who wrote the Declaration of Independence and was the third president.
This Thomas Jefferson used to be Jack Talbert. He's legally changed his name.
Talbert-now-Jefferson says it's a tribute to his idol.
Jefferson tells the Topeka Capital-Journal he hopes to win some votes with his new name, too.
Jefferson is the Libertarian candidate for Congress in Kansas' 4th District.
kansas, election, bizarre bazaar
- Delco school on lockdown amid standoff 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 41 min ago