Man charged for refusing to leave NC jail
WENTWORTH, N.C. (AP) - July 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man who'd just been released from jail in northern North Carolina was arrested again for refusing to leave the jail after authorities wouldn't give him a ride to a motel.
The News & Record of Greensboro reports that 37-year-old Rodney Dwayne Valentine was charged with trespassing.
Valentine was released from the Rockingham County jail Saturday morning after being behind bars since May 22. The sheriff's office says he asked them to drive him to a local motel and they refused. Deputies charged Valentine with second-degree trespassing when he had refused to leave the jail by Saturday afternoon.
He's being held on $500 bond and is scheduled to appear in court Aug. 9. It was not clear if he has a lawyer.
north carolina, bizarre bazaar
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!