Bikini parade falls far short of record
MADISON LAKE, Minn. (AP) - July 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Only an itsy-bitsy, teeny-weeny number of bikini-wearers turned out to strut their stuff in a southern Minnesota town.
Organizers had hoped for hundreds of women to march Saturday in what was billed as the World's Largest Bikini Parade.
But the number of bikini-wearing women - and a couple of men in bikini tops - at the Paddlefish Days Parade in Madison Lake fell far short of the world record.
A local newspaper reported Saturday the number appeared to be 39. Women were told they could wear shorts over their bikini bottoms once it was clear the record of 451 was unattainable.
A majority of City Council members opposed the bikini parade. Some said it was inconsistent with the festival's family-oriented nature.
minnesota, bizarre bazaar
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 33 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County 53 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 46 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 48 min ago
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
44 min ago
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
33 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun...
48 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
53 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos