2 men charged with staging reality TV robbery
INDIANA, Pa. (AP) - August 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have charged two out-of-state men with robbing two other men in western Pennsylvania by claiming they were recording video for a reality TV show called "You Just Got Robbed."
Police in Indiana, Pa. tell The Associated Press the incident happened about 1:20 a.m. and that the suspects apparently attend a nearby technical school. They're identified as 21-year-old Randall Smith, of Templehill, Md. and 18-year-old Artie Goodwine, of Memphis, Tenn.
Police say one of the men put the victims into headlocks while the other recorded the robbery - in which $20 was taken from one of the victims - on a cell phone.
Online court records don't list attorneys for the men. Smith has posted bail but Goodwine remained in the Indiana County Jail on Monday, about 45 miles northeast of Pittsburgh.
pennsylvania, reality television, robbery, bizarre bazaar
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 40 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken 24 min ago
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man 49 min ago
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 38 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 12 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Suspects sought for shooting into home
38 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos