2 men charged with staging reality TV robbery
INDIANA, Pa. (AP) - August 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have charged two out-of-state men with robbing two other men in western Pennsylvania by claiming they were recording video for a reality TV show called "You Just Got Robbed."
Police in Indiana, Pa. tell The Associated Press the incident happened about 1:20 a.m. and that the suspects apparently attend a nearby technical school. They're identified as 21-year-old Randall Smith, of Templehill, Md. and 18-year-old Artie Goodwine, of Memphis, Tenn.
Police say one of the men put the victims into headlocks while the other recorded the robbery - in which $20 was taken from one of the victims - on a cell phone.
Online court records don't list attorneys for the men. Smith has posted bail but Goodwine remained in the Indiana County Jail on Monday, about 45 miles northeast of Pittsburgh.
pennsylvania, reality television, robbery, bizarre bazaar
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse 54 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 47 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 53 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy 51 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Record Weekend Warmth
46 min ago
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater...
54 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos