Maybe he should call someone else
COLUMBIA, Tenn. (AP) - August 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- When you're out of beer and need a ride to get some, who you gonna' call?
Maybe someone other than 911.
A Tennessee newspaper, the Columbia Daily Herald, reports police arrested a 67-year-old man after he allegedly called emergency dispatchers at least nine times Saturday.
Most of the calls were hang-ups, but a dispatcher said at least once, the caller asked if someone could send him a ride so he could buy beer.
The caller was arrested and charged with making 911 calls in a non-emergency situation.
He was released on bond.
tennessee, alcohol, beer, 9-1-1 call, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ