Maybe he should call someone else
COLUMBIA, Tenn. (AP) - August 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- When you're out of beer and need a ride to get some, who you gonna' call?
Maybe someone other than 911.
A Tennessee newspaper, the Columbia Daily Herald, reports police arrested a 67-year-old man after he allegedly called emergency dispatchers at least nine times Saturday.
Most of the calls were hang-ups, but a dispatcher said at least once, the caller asked if someone could send him a ride so he could buy beer.
The caller was arrested and charged with making 911 calls in a non-emergency situation.
He was released on bond.
tennessee, alcohol, beer, 9-1-1 call, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club 56 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today 12 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor 39 min ago
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide 18 min ago
- SW Phila. shootings possibly connected to bar fight
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Report: FBI agent fatally shoots Tsarnaev associate
- D.A.: Girlfriend's murder in Chesco 'an execution' 51 min ago
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip...
56 min ago
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
18 min ago