Maybe he should call someone else
COLUMBIA, Tenn. (AP) - August 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- When you're out of beer and need a ride to get some, who you gonna' call?
Maybe someone other than 911.
A Tennessee newspaper, the Columbia Daily Herald, reports police arrested a 67-year-old man after he allegedly called emergency dispatchers at least nine times Saturday.
Most of the calls were hang-ups, but a dispatcher said at least once, the caller asked if someone could send him a ride so he could buy beer.
The caller was arrested and charged with making 911 calls in a non-emergency situation.
He was released on bond.
tennessee, alcohol, beer, 9-1-1 call, dumb criminals, bizarre bazaar
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish 26 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting 39 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's...
26 min ago