Man stole evidence pot due to smell
CHARLEROI, Pa. (AP) - August 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have charged a western Pennsylvania man with stealing a small bag of marijuana held as evidence because he allegedly couldn't resist the drug's aroma.
Online court records don't list an attorney for 27-year-old David Allan Thompson, of Charleroi.
Charleroi Regional police tell the Observer-Reporter of Washington, Pa.that Thompson was arrested Saturday after he stopped at the police station to offer police some unspecified information about 8 p.m.
Police say Thompson apparently stole the drugs that had been seized by police that night while an officer was in the process of logging the drugs into evidence.
When police suspected what happened, they confronted Thompson outside the station. He allegedly handed over the drugs and confessed saying, "I just couldn't help myself. That bud smelled so good."
Thompson faces a preliminary hearing Aug. 23.
pennsylvania, illegal drugs, theft, bizarre bazaar
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club 15 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor 14 min ago
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack 22 min ago
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- SW Phila. shootings possibly connected to bar fight
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- D.A.: Girlfriend's murder in Chesco 'an execution'
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip...
15 min ago