Toy store rip-off isn't kids stuff
MIAMI (AP) - August 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- A trip to the toy store wasn't kids stuff.
Authorities in Miami charge a mother and her adult son with stealing more than $2 million in toys from Toys R Us stores nationwide.
Broward County Sheriff's deputies say Michael and Margaret Pollara would look for cheap toys in big boxes.
Authorities say the pair would empty the boxes before getting to the cash register and fill them with expensive toys like Lego sets.
Investigators say the Pollaras were tracked for two months, thanks in part to the Toys R Us rewards card they used.
florida, money, toys, bizarre bazaar
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man