Toy store rip-off isn't kids stuff
MIAMI (AP) - August 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- A trip to the toy store wasn't kids stuff.
Authorities in Miami charge a mother and her adult son with stealing more than $2 million in toys from Toys R Us stores nationwide.
Broward County Sheriff's deputies say Michael and Margaret Pollara would look for cheap toys in big boxes.
Authorities say the pair would empty the boxes before getting to the cash register and fill them with expensive toys like Lego sets.
Investigators say the Pollaras were tracked for two months, thanks in part to the Toys R Us rewards card they used.
florida, money, toys, bizarre bazaar
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd 48 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 9 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery 51 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball