A fine way to deal with fines
RIVERTON, Wyo. (AP) - August 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- It's a fine way -- to deal with library fines.
Patrons who don't return their books on time can now help school kids in Fremont County, Wyoming.
Overdue fines will be waived for library users who donate school supplies.
The Riverton Ranger reports officials will be collecting things like new notebooks, loose-leaf paper and crayons.
A similar program in November and December allows library patrons to bring in cans of food to wipe out their fines.
wyoming, bizarre bazaar
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs