Nice clue to leave behind
FAIRBANKS, Alaska (AP) - August 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in North Pole, Alaska, didn't need Rudolph's help.
Authorities report busting a hit-and-run driver thanks to a key clue.
Officers say Thomas Kohl Farris left his license plate behind after hitting a stop sign.
According to police, the 18-year-old driver told them he had three beers before the accident.
The Fairbanks Daily News-Miner reports an alcohol breath test registered about twice the legal limit.
Farris is now charged with driving under the influence and leaving the scene of an accident.
alaska, accident, automobiles, alcohol, beer, DUI, dumb criminals, police, bizarre bazaar
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet 33 min ago
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
6 min ago