Nice clue to leave behind
FAIRBANKS, Alaska (AP) - August 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in North Pole, Alaska, didn't need Rudolph's help.
Authorities report busting a hit-and-run driver thanks to a key clue.
Officers say Thomas Kohl Farris left his license plate behind after hitting a stop sign.
According to police, the 18-year-old driver told them he had three beers before the accident.
The Fairbanks Daily News-Miner reports an alcohol breath test registered about twice the legal limit.
Farris is now charged with driving under the influence and leaving the scene of an accident.
alaska, accident, automobiles, alcohol, beer, DUI, dumb criminals, police, bizarre bazaar
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 23 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 34 min ago
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 31 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 30 min ago
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 47 min ago
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 21 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush...
47 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
23 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with...
34 min ago