Not a good reason to speed
EVANSVILLE, Ind. (AP) - August 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Being late for court is no excuse for speeding.
Indiana troopers report clocking 24-year-old Joshua Smith doing 119 in a 55 mph zone.
State police say they lost sight of Smith, but he was spotted by another trooper and stopped.
According to police, Smith told them he was late for a court hearing on drug charges and failure to stop after an accident.
Smith was ordered held without bond on new charges of resisting arrest and reckless driving.
indiana, automobiles, dumb criminals, police, bizarre bazaar
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5 26 min ago
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today 59 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online 3 min ago
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Local help on the way for tornado victims 10 min ago
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams 10 min ago
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del. 38 min ago
- Couple charged in theft of $854K from township
- Prosecutor: Prison can't hold Savage's rage
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Street-level interactive weather map
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
26 min ago