Not a good reason to speed
EVANSVILLE, Ind. (AP) - August 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Being late for court is no excuse for speeding.
Indiana troopers report clocking 24-year-old Joshua Smith doing 119 in a 55 mph zone.
State police say they lost sight of Smith, but he was spotted by another trooper and stopped.
According to police, Smith told them he was late for a court hearing on drug charges and failure to stop after an accident.
Smith was ordered held without bond on new charges of resisting arrest and reckless driving.
indiana, automobiles, dumb criminals, police, bizarre bazaar
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted local schools 40 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River 1 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!