He still knows how to tackle
ROGERS, Minn. (AP) - August 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- John Daiker doesn't play football anymore, but he still knows how to tackle.
The former college lineman sacked a robbery suspect outside a Minnesota convenience store.
Daiker was getting gas the other night.
He says he saw a teenager who was "obviously up to no good."
The 38-year-old Daiker says when he saw the teen had a gun, he tackled him and then got him in a headlock until police arrived.
Daiker is 6-3 and weighs 270.
He tells the Star Tribune plowing into the suspect felt "pretty good," like getting to the quarterback.
minnesota, robbery, bizarre bazaar
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 6 min ago
- Windy and cold today 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Photos: Pictures from the SXSW festival crash
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images 10 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion 38 min ago
- High winds cause damage across the region 53 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting 6 min ago
- Rescue crews pull woman from Schuylkill River
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad 48 min ago
- Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
48 min ago
- High winds cause damage across the region
53 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
38 min ago