He still knows how to tackle
ROGERS, Minn. (AP) - August 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- John Daiker doesn't play football anymore, but he still knows how to tackle.
The former college lineman sacked a robbery suspect outside a Minnesota convenience store.
Daiker was getting gas the other night.
He says he saw a teenager who was "obviously up to no good."
The 38-year-old Daiker says when he saw the teen had a gun, he tackled him and then got him in a headlock until police arrived.
Daiker is 6-3 and weighs 270.
He tells the Star Tribune plowing into the suspect felt "pretty good," like getting to the quarterback.
minnesota, robbery, bizarre bazaar
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 30 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken 59 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown 57 min ago
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia
- Freeze Warning overnight
28 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos