No more letters for inmates
SAN DIEGO (AP) - August 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- No more jail snail mail -- at least for prisoners in San Diego County.
Sheriff Bill Gore is banning letters to inmates at the county jail.
Officials say drugs, weapons and other contraband had been hidden inside letters. Inmates are still allowed to receive postcards.
Letters to inmates from lawyers, courts and law enforcement agencies are exempt from the new rule.
california, san diego, bizarre bazaar
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 55 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 45 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 16 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
45 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos