Real pot, fake truck
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) - August 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- The pot is real -- but the truck is a fake.
Authorities in southern Arizona report finding nearly 1,800 pounds of the illegal weed in a phony local government truck.
The truck had been made to look like it belonged the Santa Cruz County government, with fake decals on the doors.
U.S. Border Patrol agents found it abandoned earlier this week.
The pot was hidden underneath a black piece of plywood in the truck bed.
Authorities put the value of the marijuana at $875,000.
arizona, illegal drugs, marijuana, bizarre bazaar
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos