Real pot, fake truck
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) - August 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- The pot is real -- but the truck is a fake.
Authorities in southern Arizona report finding nearly 1,800 pounds of the illegal weed in a phony local government truck.
The truck had been made to look like it belonged the Santa Cruz County government, with fake decals on the doors.
U.S. Border Patrol agents found it abandoned earlier this week.
The pot was hidden underneath a black piece of plywood in the truck bed.
Authorities put the value of the marijuana at $875,000.
arizona, illegal drugs, marijuana, bizarre bazaar
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers 16 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- SW Phila. shootings possibly connected to bar fight 25 min ago
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Report: FBI agent fatally shoots Tsarnaev associate
- D.A.: Girlfriend's murder in Chesco 'an execution' 15 min ago
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Vatican insists that no papal exorcism took place
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc