Double-parking gets doubly expensive
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) - August 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Double-parking can now be doubly expensive in one eastern Pennsylvania city.
The city council in Allentown on Wednesday approved additional fines for drivers who double-park when there is a vacant space nearby.
The Express-Times reports double-parking is already illegal in Allentown.
But now, drivers who block the road while ignoring "adjacent" open spots face an extra $100 fee on top of the original $100 double-parking fine.
Councilman Peter Schweyer sponsored the bill, which was approved 7-0.
Schweyer says there's no justification for motorists double-parking if a spot is available. He says, "The only excuse is that they're lazy. It's as simple as that."
allentown, pennsylvania, automobiles, bizarre bazaar
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident 53 min ago
- 70s Return This Week 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery 35 min ago
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire 38 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire 49 min ago
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 37 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing 16 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 14 min ago
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
53 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom...
14 min ago
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
35 min ago
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia...
49 min ago