Man fires insect repellent in robbery
ROSEBURG, Ore. (AP) - August 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Roseburg, Ore., say a man who robbed a restaurant was armed with a can of bug spray.
Sgt. Aaron Dunbar says the robber entered Elmer's Restaurant late Monday wearing a green hooded sweatshirt, gloves and a beanie atop a shoulder-length blond wig that was pulled partly across his face.
A bartender tried to bat away the can of insect repellent when the robber brandished it, but the employee got a direct spray to the face.
The Roseburg News-Review reports the robber grabbed money from a cash box behind the bar and fled. The amount of the take wasn't disclosed.
oregon, robbery, bizarre bazaar
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 55 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot
- 2 kids, 3 others injured in school bus crash
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete 21 min ago
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Michael Carter-Williams released from hospital
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
17 min ago