Your ad here? NY brothers promote toilet-paper ads
RYE BROOK, N.Y. (AP) - August 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two brothers from a New York City suburb have an advertising concept that's on a roll - a roll of toilet paper.
Bryan and Jordan Silverman are creators of toilet tissue printed with ads, and sometimes with coupon codes that can be read by cellphones. The Journal-News says in a story Sunday that the brothers expect their product to appear this fall in the Port Chester-Rye Brook Public Library.
Twenty-two-year-old Jordan Silverman came up with the idea for Star Toilet Paper in 2010. His 18-year-old brother tells the newspaper that he was initially skeptical but came to see it as advertising to "a really captive audience."
The brothers from Rye Brook have entered their concept in a contest run by Entrepreneur magazine.
new york, bizarre bazaar
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Drugs, $29K seized in raid at Rowan U. dorm 40 min ago
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Coroner: Frat pledge died from head injuries 57 min ago
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Man arrested in car bomb plot at Kansas airport 11 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million
- Driver facing drug charges after crash with police cruiser 41 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought