Your ad here? NY brothers promote toilet-paper ads
RYE BROOK, N.Y. (AP) - August 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two brothers from a New York City suburb have an advertising concept that's on a roll - a roll of toilet paper.
Bryan and Jordan Silverman are creators of toilet tissue printed with ads, and sometimes with coupon codes that can be read by cellphones. The Journal-News says in a story Sunday that the brothers expect their product to appear this fall in the Port Chester-Rye Brook Public Library.
Twenty-two-year-old Jordan Silverman came up with the idea for Star Toilet Paper in 2010. His 18-year-old brother tells the newspaper that he was initially skeptical but came to see it as advertising to "a really captive audience."
The brothers from Rye Brook have entered their concept in a contest run by Entrepreneur magazine.
new york, bizarre bazaar
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 40 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 41 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 21 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead 37 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- South Jersey business burglar caught on camera 39 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 35 min ago
- Pennsylvania Turnpike pileup exposed gaps, officials say 4 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures