Stolen car suspect found in jail
WASHINGTON, Pa. (AP) - August 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say they've found a stolen car suspect in the last place they expected: in a southwestern Pa. jail, using another name.
Canonsburg police tell the Observer-Reporter of Washington, Pa. they found 18-year-old Christopher Thomas on Monday after an anonymous tipster told them he'd already been arrested in another in a pizza delivery robbery in another town.
Online court records don't list an attorney for Thomas who remained in the Washington County Jail on Tuesday. He's been there since Aug. 15 on charges of robbing the delivery driver in Washington, Pa.
But police in Canonsburg didn't know that because Thomas identified himself as Tayshawn Wilson when he was first arrested.
Canonsburg police have now charged him with driving the stolen car and almost hitting three people with it when police chased him Aug. 11.
pennsylvania, bizarre bazaar
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 47 min ago
- Sunny and chilly 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 46 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester 6 min ago
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 48 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
44 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
46 min ago