A hero no matter what he was wearing
HAMBURG TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - August 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- A kid who jumped on his bike only wearing his underwear is being hailed as a hero.
Ten-year-old A.J. Hieber rode off to get help for his dad, who is allergic to bee-stings.
His father Adam was stung twice while mowing their lawn in Hamburg Township, Michigan. A.J. hopped on his bike to get his mother.
She was at a nearby beach, with A.J.'s little sister.
A local paper reports the quick thinking kid likely saved his dad's life.
michigan, hero, bizarre bazaar
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot while sleeping in South Philadelphia 19 min ago
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
4 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos