A hero no matter what he was wearing
HAMBURG TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - August 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- A kid who jumped on his bike only wearing his underwear is being hailed as a hero.
Ten-year-old A.J. Hieber rode off to get help for his dad, who is allergic to bee-stings.
His father Adam was stung twice while mowing their lawn in Hamburg Township, Michigan. A.J. hopped on his bike to get his mother.
She was at a nearby beach, with A.J.'s little sister.
A local paper reports the quick thinking kid likely saved his dad's life.
michigan, hero, bizarre bazaar
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 7 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela 32 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street 45 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 44 min ago
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
7 min ago