Drought is good for police
SELLERSBURG, Ind. (AP) - August 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- The drought is bad for pot growers -- but good for police.
In southern Indiana, the illegal weed is now easier to spot from the air.
While forests and corn fields are turning brown, the hardy marijuana plants stay green.
State Trooper Mike Bennett tells The News and Tribune, "It's not called weed for nothing."
indiana, marijuana, police, bizarre bazaar
- Snow today, heavy at times 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash
- Snow today, heavy at times
3 min ago