Casino cooks up record 1-ton cheeseburge
CARLTON, Minn. (AP) - September 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Minnesota casino has cooked up a world-record bacon cheeseburger that's 10 feet in diameter and weighs more than a ton.
The behemoth burger was served up Sunday at the Black Bear Casino Resort near Carlton. It tipped the scales at 2,014 pounds.
Guinness Records representative Philip Robertson verified the record for biggest burger. He called the feat a result of "remarkable teamwork" and said the burger "actually tastes really good."
A Duluth News Tribune report says the previous mark was a mere 881 pounds, 13 ounces.
Black Bear's burger included 60 pounds of bacon, 50 pounds of lettuce, 50 pounds of sliced onions, 40 pounds of pickles and 40 pounds of cheese.
It took about four hours to cook the patty. A crane was used to flip it.
minnesota, food, casinos, bizarre bazaar
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Tpk. 3 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 31 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 39 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
31 min ago